Taipei Writers’ Group recently launched the paperback of Taiwan Tales, along with a preview of the forthcoming Night Market, and I thought I would share some tips and advice based on our experience.
A good venue for a book launch is:
- Central in your city/region and easily accessible by car and public transport
- Large enough to accommodate the expected attendance, but not too large – if your turnout is smaller than expected, the place will seem uncomfortably empty
- Two-roomed if possible. People need a place to step out of the hubbub, and a separate room for drinks and snacks helps keep noisy conversations separate from the main action
- Bare-walled, so you can add your own posters and displays
- Comfortable and well-appointed. Toilets for your guests are a must, but are there also seats, rugs, floor cushions for people who want…
View original post 472 more words